Tuesday 27 May 2014

Monctezuma Strikes!!


Onto a new chapter in the saga.

About 8 days ago (May 22nd) I had lunch with another Canadian from Quebec who was renting a furnished house not far from where I am staying. The house was OK, but I think she was paying too much ($650).

I wanted to try a lunch place that had a roasted pig outside and that had all these cooking pots of interesting food. When it came to dishing out the food, the Cuencana used her bare hands. I thought, at the time, that this is not good; however, I went against my better judgement.

This is probably not the time that resulted in me having Monctezuma's Revenge as it was not until about 6 days later (May 27th) that I had a very bad day not keeping too much distance between me and the porcelain alter. Fortunately, the discomfort was gone in one day. I did have some minor discomfort the next day. Hopefully, my system has adapted so that if I should come in contact with another bug it won't affect me.

When this happened I thought it was my Ulcerative Colitis was acting up due to the some of the stress I had experienced the day I arrived in Cuenca. But, ultimately, this was not the case.










No comments:

Post a Comment